This program will annually recognize two (2) eligible farriers by providing each of them with a package to include:
In addition, the program will select a Grand Prize winner from these two farriers who will also receive a three-day opportunity to work with the IAPF Mentor of their choice. The program will pay for the transportation and lodging expenses of the Grand Prize winner to work with their Mentor.
- Be a current member of the IAPF
- May have previously applied
- Have never attended the International Hoof-Care Summit
- The applicant must be willing and able to attend the IAPF Annual General Membership meeting at the International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Submit an application
A fellow member of the association will also need to submit a letter of recommendation for the applicant.
This year the association will divide the scholarship into 2 categories. One recipient will be selected from each of these categories:
A. Farriers having less than 5 years of experience
B. Farriers having 5 or more years of experience
An application will include an essay on the subject: "Why I Would Like to be a Recipient of the Roy Bloom Scholarship"
Considerations to include in the essay should include:
- What you hope to receive by attending the International Hoof-Care Summit
- The impact of attending the Summit on your farrier practice
- The benefits you have received (or hope to receive) through your involvement in the AAPF/IAPF Mentoring program
- Additional information describing your education and experience to get to this point in your life
APPLICATION DEADLINE OCTOBER 15, 2020
Scholarships winners will be announced no later than November 15, 2020
QUESTIONS - Please contact:
Nominating and Elections