Expectations of Board Members
Thank you for your interest in the International Association of Professional Farriers Board of Directors. Serving on the IAPF Board comes with several requirements, which we ask all applicants to review before submitting an application.
The IAPF is governed by a Board of Directors with up to six (6) Directors and three (3) Officers - President, Vice President, and Treasurer. The Operations Manager, serves in the non-voting roles of Secretary and Assistant Treasurer.
Each Director shall serve a two-year term and may be elected or appointed to serve one additional two-year term. The Director may not serve again without a minimum one-year absence from the Board unless elected to an Officers position. The term of office for the Vice President and President shall be for two years, respectively. The order of succession shall be Vice President to President. The term of the office for the Treasurer will be for three (3) years.
Directors are elected by the general membership. The President, Vice President, and Treasurer are elected by the Board of Directors.
Board members are expected to:
- attend and participate in monthly conference calls of the Board;
- serve as the Chairperson of one (1) Standing Committee of the IAPF;
- attend and participate in two face-to-face meetings of the Board (one being held during the International Hoof-Care Summit, the second being held in the summer of each year);
- attend the annual International Hoof-Care Summit & IAPF Annual Meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio; and
- serve as an advocate of the IAPF by promoting the association and recruiting members throughout their term on the Board.
Review Association Bylaws
Review IAPF Articles of Incorporation