YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO CONTINUE THE JOURNEY!
In 2016, the AAPF/IAPF introduced a new level of Continuing Education which we refer to as “Credentialing”. Over 300 of our members have completed the first step – Foundation Credentialing. We are now ready to unveil the second step – Discipline Credentialing. We have identified “Hunters and Jumpers” as our first discipline credential. Through this “Journey” you’ll continue to demonstrate to horse owners, trainers, veterinarians and others in the horse industry your personal commitment to your profession! Each level of the Discipline Credential requires the successful completion of the Foundation Credential.
Step Two - HUNTER/JUMPER CREDENTIAL - LEVEL TWO
CLICK HERE TO ORDER LEVEL TWO OF THE HUNTER JUMPER CREDENTIAL
- This level was created for the farrier who is not ready to take the hands-on test but wants to start the process OR is not shoeing hunters and/or jumpers but wants to gain the knowledge available through the study guide / reference manual and accompanying multiple-choice test. In addition, this farrier wants to begin the process of learning how to forge the required shoe modifications. The farrier would not be eligible to participate at a testing site (may pay the difference at a later date - see note below).
- Qualifications: AAPF/IAPF Regular or Student Member and successful completion of the AAPF/IAPF Foundation Credential
- Farrier will order the package (described below)
- Farrier will complete the test which accompanies the package using the study guide / reference manual (similar process to Foundation Credential)
- Farrier will receive a list of shoe modifications which are used with Hunters and Jumpers. The farrier will practice at home forging these modifications using the farrier's own "signature style" to fit a set of steel templates
- Level Two Package includes:
- Study Guide / Reference Manual
- Answer sheets
- Steel templates
- List of modifications (farrier will need to identify applications and uses for each modification)
- The farrier will have the opportunity to purchase the other items listed in Level One for an additional $310. ($485 (Level One) - $200 (Level Two) = $285 plus $25 Admin Fee = $310) (Contact the AAPF/IAPF office to make this purchase).
- Cost: $200