Expectations of Board Members
Thank you for your interest in the International Association of Professional Farriers Board of Directors. Serving on the IAPF Board comes with several requirements, which we ask all applicants to review before submitting an application.
The IAPF is governed by a Board of Directors with six (6) Directors and four (4) Officers - President, Vice President, Treasurer, and a Past President. The Executive Director, also known as the Chief Executive Officer, serves in the non-voting roles of Secretary and Assistant Treasurer.
Each Director shall serve a three-year term and may not be elected or appointed to serve additional terms without a minimum one-year absence from the Board unless elected to an Officers position. The term of office for the Vice President and President shall be for two years, respectively. Each year a Past President (i.e. a person who has served on the Board of Directors as President) shall be elected by the Board to serve in the role of Past President. The order of succession shall be Vice President, President, and Past President. The term of the office for the Treasurer will be for three (3) years.
Directors are elected by the general membership. The President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Past President are elected by the Board of Directors.
Board members are expected to:
- attend and participate in monthly conference calls of the Board (usually held in the evening of the 2nd Wednesday);
- serve as the Chairperson of one (1) Standing Committee of the IAPF;
- attend and participate in two face-to-face meetings of the Board (one being held during the International Hoof-Care Summit, the second being held in the summer of each year);
- attend the annual International Hoof-Care Summit & IAPF Annual Meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio;
- serve as an advocate of the IAPF by promoting the associations and recruiting members throughout their term on the Board; and
- assist the AAPF IAPF Foundation in their quest to provide short and long-term financing for the educational initiatives of the IAPF.
Review Association Bylaws
Review IAPF Articles of Incorporation