2018 Roy Bloom Scholarship (Farriers)
2018 AAPF/IAPF ROY BLOOM SCHOLARSHIP
The AAPF/IAPF is pleased to present the 2018 Roy Bloom Scholarship Program. The goal of this program is to encourage farriers to pursue their continuing education by attending the 2018 International Hoof-Care Summit as well as participating in the AAPF/IAPF Mentoring program.
This program will annually recognize two (2) eligible farriers by providing each of them with a package to include:
- Registration to the International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Transportation to the Summit (either by auto reimbursement or air travel)
- Lodging at the Summit (up to 4 nights)
In addition, the program will select a Grand Prize winner from these two farriers who will also receive a three-day opportunity to work with the AAPF/IAPF Mentor of their choice. The program will pay for the transportation and lodging expenses of the Grand Prize winner to work with their Mentor.
- Be a current member of the AAPF/IAPF
- May have previously applied
- Have never attended the International Hoof-Care Summit
- The applicant must be willing and able to attend the AAPF/IAPF Annual General Membership meeting at the International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Submit an application
A fellow member of the association will also need to submit a letter of recommendation for the applicant.
This year the association will divide the scholarship into 2 categories. One recipient will be selected from each of these categories:
A. Farriers having less than 5 years of experience
B. Farriers having 5 or more years of experience
An application will include an essay on the subject: "Why I Would Like to be a Recipient of the Roy Bloom Scholarship"
Considerations to include in the essay should include:
- What you hope to receive by attending the International Hoof-Care Summit
- The impact of attending the Summit on your farrier practice
- The benefits you have received (or hope to receive) through your involvement in the AAPF/IAPF Mentoring program
- Additional information describing your education and experience to get to this point in your life
October 1, 2017
Scholarships winners will be announced no later than November 1, 2017
- Please contact:
* Ashley Gasky APF-I, Chairperson Scholarship Committee, at 518-224-8704 or info@Precision-HoofCare.com
* Bryan Quinsey, AAPF/IAPF Executive Director, at 859-533-1465 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE for application and additional details