EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINEES
Thank you for your interest in the American and International Associations of Professional Farriers' Board of Directors. Serving on the AAPF/IAPF Board comes with several requirements, which we ask all applicants to review before submitting an application.
The AAPF/IAPF is governed by a Board of Directors with six (6) Directors and four (4) Officers - President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President. The Executive Director, also known as the Chief Administrative Officer, serves in the non-voting role of Secretary and Assistant Treasurer.
Each Director shall serve a three-year term and may not be elected or appointed to serve additional terms without a minimum one year absence from the Board, unless elected to an Officer’s position. The term of office for the Vice President, President and Immediate Past President shall be for two years, respectively. The order of succession shall be Vice President, President and Immediate Past President. The term of the office for the Treasurer will be for three (3) years.
Directors are elected by the general membership. The President, Vice President and Treasurer are elected by the Board of Directors.
Board members are expected to:
- attend and participate on monthly conference calls of the Board (ususally held in the evening of the 1st Monday);
- serve as the Chairperson of one (1) Standing Committee of the AAPF/IAPF;
- attend and participate at two face-to-face meetings of the Board (one being held during the International Hoof-Care Summit, the second being held in the autumn of each year);
- attend the annual International Hoof-Care Summit & AAPF/IAPF Annual Meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio; and
- serve as an advocate of the AAPF/IAPF by promoting the associations and recruiting members throughout their term on the Board.
Review a list of current AAPF/IAPF Board of Directors
For more information, please contact Bryan Quinsey, Executive Director, at 859-533-1465 or aapf@ProfessionalFarriers.com
Review AAPF Bylaws
Review AAPF Articles of Incorporation
Review a list of Current Committees