EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINEES
Thank you for your interest in the American, Canadian and International Associations of Professional Farriers' Board of Directors. Serving on the AAPF/CAPF/IAPF Board comes with several requirements, which we ask all applicants to review before submitting an application.
The AAPF/CAPF/IAPF is governed by a Board of Directors with nine (9) Directors and four (4) Officers - President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President. The Executive Director, also known as the Chief Administrative Officer, serves in the the non-voting role of Secretary and Assistant Treasurer.
Each Director shall serve a three-year term and may not be elected or appointed to serve additional terms without a minimum one year absence from the Board, unless elected to an Officer’s position. The term of office for the Vice President, President and Immediate Past President shall be for two years, respectively. The order of succession shall be Vice President, President and Immediate Past President. The term of the office for the Treasurer will be for three (3) years.
Directors are elected by the general membership. The President, Vice President and Treasurer are elected by the Board of Directors.
Board members are expected to:
- attend and participate on monthly conference calls of the Board;
- attend and participate at two face-to-face meetings of the Board (one being held during the International Hoof-Care Summit, the second being held in the autumn of each year);
- attend the annual International Hoof-Care Summit & AAPF/CAPF/IAPF Annual Meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio;
- serve as an advocate of the AAPF/CAPF/IAPF by promoting the associations and recruiting members throughout their term on the Board;
- to write and submit at least one (1) article each year you are on the Board to the American Farriers Journal;
- follow-up with select members via telephone and/or electronic communication relating to their membership in the associations.
Review a list of current AAPF/CAPF Board of Directors
For more information, please contact Bryan Quinsey, Executive Director, at 859-533-1465 or aapf@ProfessionalFarriers.com
Review AAPF Bylaws
Review AAPF Articles of Incorporation
Review a list of Current Committees