The American and International Associations of Professional Farriers (AAPF/IAPF) are pleased to announce the "2018 Frank Gravlee Scholarship". The goal of this scholarship is to encourage veterinarian students, and recent graduates (within 2 years), to pursue their continuing education by attending the 2018 International Hoof-Care Summit. The dates for the 2018 Summit are January 23 - 26.
This scholarship has been created, through the generosity of Frank Reilly DVM APF of West Chester, Penn., to recognize the contributions of Frank Gravlee DVM MS CNS, the founder of Life Data Labs in Cherokee, Alabama. Dr. Gravlee's efforts to develop new products for the overall health of the horses have been admired by veterinarians, farriers, trainers, grooms, and horse owners.
Dr. Gravlee was recognized by the AAPF/IAPF as the 2017 recipient of the "American Farriers Journal Robert (Red) Renchin Leadership Award" for his life-long commitment to the equine industry. He is also an inductee in the International Veterinarian Hall of Fame.
This scholarship will annually recognize two (2) eligible veterinary students, or recent veterinary graduates, by providing each of them with a package to include:
- Be a current veterinary student, or a recent graduate (within 2 years of graduation), of a North American equine veterinarian college or university
- Preference will be given to students or graduates who have identified a special interest in medical / surgical / farrier care of the hoof
- Have never attended the International Hoof-Care Summit
- The applicant must also be willing and able to attend the AAPF/IAPF Annual General Membership meeting at the International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio (Wednesday, January 24, 2018) (where they will be recognized)
- Submit an application
A professor or employer/supervisor of the applicant will also need to submit a letter of recommendation for the applicant.
An application will include an essay on the subject: "Why I Would Like to be a Recipient of the Frank Gravlee Scholarship"
Considerations to include in the essay should include:
- What you hope to receive by attending the International Hoof-Care Summit
- The impact of attending the Summit on your veterinarian practice
- Additional information describing your education and experience to get to this point in your life
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1, 2017
Scholarships winners will be announced no later than November 1, 2017
QUESTIONS - Please contact:
Bryan Quinsey, AAPF/IAPF Executive Director, at 859-533-1465 or firstname.lastname@example.org